Did You Know?
Did you know that what most bibles translate as "the LORD" in the old testament is actually The Name of God which Bible translations such as the World English Bible (WEB) translate directly as "Yahweh" and not "the LORD" in the old testament of the bible.
The translation as "the LORD" in most bibles reveals itself as inaccurate when in Isaiah chapter 42 verse 8 God communicates it plainly as His name:
Isaiah 42:8 (King James Version):
I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.
Isaiah 42:8 (World English Bible):
“I am Yahweh. That is my name. I will not give my glory to another, nor my praise to engraved images.
The direct translation as "Yahweh" (or Jehovah) is therefore the more correct translation. So popular verses such as Psalm 23's "The LORD is my shepherd", Psalm 121's "My help cometh from the LORD", Psalm 18's "I will call upon the LORD", etc.; should actually be more accurately put as "Yahweh is my shepherd", "My help cometh from Yahweh", "I will call upon Yahweh", etc.
#NameOfGod
Comments
Post a Comment